I was looking for a yummy (and somewhat healthy) dip to make to snack on this afternoon. I had some white beans and a lime in particular, so I adapted a yummy dip from this Chili-Lime White Bean Dip recipe.
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 TBSP olive oil (depending on how much you need to get the food processor moving)
- 1/2 head of garlic, roasted*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Tex-Mex seasoning blend (chili powder would work too)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pita chips and/or veggies for dipping
*To roast the garlic, cut the top off of half a head and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and roast in the oven for 45 minutes at 425.
Add the first six ingredients in your food processor. Instead of peeling the roasted garlic, simply squeeze the garlic out of the peel. Process until smooth.
This is soooo good, who needs to buy hummus ever again??